THINK FORWARD WEBINAR SERIES
Advancing the Digital Twin: A Q&A with GM Reality Capture Supervisor John Brown
Does your plant have a digital twin? If not, it should – this digital replica of physical assets and processes is crucial to maximizing safety and fine-tuning your manufacturing processes. Unfortunately, hurdles often exist in achieving a digital twin, not the least of which is the lack of a common understanding of exactly what a digital twin could – or should – entail.
Leica Geosystems hosted a thought-provoking live Q&A with John Brown. As supervisor of GM’s Reality Capture team, Brown has used Leica Geosystems' 3D laser scanning solutions to survey dozens of GM sites for plant expansions and general knowledge on the automaker's land and buildings, and he has led the implementation of Leica TruView point cloud sharing software to cut costs and streamline operations.
In this 60-minute webinar, you’ll learn:
- How Industry 4.0 is driving demand for digital twins
- Why the term “digital twin” means different things to different groups in manufacturing
- How to bridge communication gaps when talking about reality capture and the digital twin concept
- How to successfully integrate nimble, unconventional approaches like reality capture into a linear manufacturing environment
- How to clearly define the value of laser scanning reality capture for an industrial engineering mindset
Watch the On-Demand Webinar now to gain new insights on reality capture, the digital twin, and using digital data to increase safety, efficiency and profitability in manufacturing.